Harry Potter theme party, a modern & elegant celebration!


When my friend came to me with this party, I hesitated a little bit, I'm not a Harry Potter fun, I never saw a movie, and never felt attracted by this Harry Potter magical word...but at the same time I taught it would be a good opportunity to discovered something new and to challenge myself, if I love what I do, I would be able to create a nice party even if it's not my favorite theme....so here you go, for your eyes only:  all this amazing pics and party details below...
My very first step for a party is the invitation, looking for something modern, but simple, elegant and shiny at the same time, black&white and silver&gold worked really well here, loved how it turned.
For the decoration, I planned two main spot for the party, a very important table set-up, elegant, full of details and girly style. Coronating the table, I styled the dessert table with home made baked around Harry Potter theme.
I used modern and trend party supply from WildChildParty playing with black and white, elegant silver plastic silverware and added some gold sparkle to plastic cups, nice touch to upgrade plastic and cheap silverware.
I filled the table with candle holder, made in glass, silver and gold, candles and books, very old books pilled and used as centerpiece. I added some glam glam with gold sparkle wood letter sign, a DIY project, with birthday's girl name as principal decoration.
I hanged out some flying keys made with with feather from the ceiling, also those plastic candles, giving this mystery accents at the ambiance. I set up the table with silver and gold charger plates and decorated with keys and harry potter plastic glasses for each place. I played with a black&white stripped runner table matching with napkins.
Birthday girl's mom baked and decorated those amazing Mandrake cupcakes, how cute they are! We completed our dessert table dressing some delicious Ferrero Rocher in golden snitches and also baked some scar sugar cookies with gold accent @Wilton gold color mist.
Tones of decoration around the house, I was really excited and inspired by this theme that I recreated with a lot of fun spots of some part of the movies, some found at @Pinterest , other from my own invention and interpretation...and finally I felt in love with this theme!
The flying envelopes with string led lights, when the light turned off was magic...I printed some professor images from the web and glued to a black piece of chalk fabric that I decorated with chalk pencil in frame's shapes, double side adhesive tape and voila!  Girls loved it!




"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, more than our abilities"




To keep our guests occupied, we set-up a DIY station in the outdoor area, I printed instructions and we did a DIY Create your own wand, and was amazing! Girls were enchanted and let their imagination fly creating fantastic and unique wands with glue, beads and wood sticks!
Piñatas and goodie bags were also planned, simple white paper bag beautifully decorated with adhesive labels and a gold sparkle tulle on the side for the girly touch. Pretty easy and cheap, great way to keep our budget on track!!! You can order this adhesive labels on my Etsy Shop  @PartyDesignByV
Inside each favor bag we add DIY Golden snitches necklace, we put all the material needs in this cute transparent round shape box from @papermart and the girls brought home an easy activity to do and nice necklace! I will post the DIY step by step soon !
I also ordered on @Amazon some Harry Potter goodies packages with temporary tattoos, brooms pencils and black plastic glasses to complete our goodie bag.
A party can't be a party without a piñata, custom made matching the party, of course! You can order yours at my Etsy Shop, shapes, numbers, letter, we are glad to help you with very custom orders!




Hope you enjoy this post and will be inspired by this party the same way I was! 
Please pick and recreate all this ideas, this is my goal, share and exchanges party ideas!
Tag us to see your pics #partydesignbyvioletta
Thanks!

Follow, Like, Share!











Comments

Popular Posts