Rainbow theme party for Leona turning 6! Somewhere over the rainbow dreams come true...



What a colorful and fun theme for my little sunshine turning 6, right? She is a very focused little girl, and when I asked her what she would be choosing this year for her Birthday party, without hesitating she said: Rainbow!!! She made me, a very happy Mama, because this year I created a lot of parties for my clients, but not rainbow ones! I was so excited as well!!
A colorful party was the inspirational word, and as always, the first thing I created was the invitation, a very simple one, since I love simple designs, inspired in the words of this famous song "Somewhere over the rainbow..." perfect combination. Printable are now available at my Etsy Shop @PartyDesignByV, party kits ready-to-use , already assembly and shipped directly to you!
We celebrated the party at our home, we have a nice backyard, the weather at the end of April here in Southern California is great,  and I love having friends at home. Having the house full of rainbows  was our dream, so I decided to looking for some DIY project (DIY addict), some surf on @Pinterest others around the web and this is the result...lots of craft project, art, colors and love!
The Backyard main decoration was a balloon letter banner,  I love white letters, but I couldn't find small white balloon letters, so I just bought silver one and then I used spray paint in white ;-) I think they turned out so pretty! The big rainbow inflatable, mostly used at the pool, I founded at Amazon, of course, Amazon Prime is something necessary when you are looking for this kinds of things. Great huge rainbow accent for the sign "Somwehere over the rainbow"
The patio's principal decoration, and my favorite rainbow item in the house is this fantastic and big rainbow backdrop. It's an easy and cheap project, just need a lot of plastic table cover, I found most of them at @Papermart, great quality, price and lots of option in colors. I also grabbed some at Dollar Tree, great project and in love with the result! The rainbow backdrop served as background while Mad Science was running their show, spectacular science demonstration full of color and magic! 


In the outside area, I also set up a "coloring me station", and print some black&white signs,  some of my rainbow design, pretty popular since most of the kids spent some time coloring their own. The hanging decoration that you can see in this coloring station, is another DIY project. I had had a lot of left over ribbons from severals parties I did during this year and wanted to recycle some, so I grabbed a piece of wood at Home Depot, and then attached the different ribbon by color scheme creating a Ribbon rainbow hanging super fun! 







The interior of our house was invaded by light and colors. Rainbows everywhere, I used my pallets to set-up a cozy living for the kiddos, mostly wood and white, full of colorful accents. Here I also repeated the rainbow ribbon hanging in the middle of the room, coronating the table, such a beautiful detail. The background was the fireplace, where I decorated with a small balloon garland following the rainbow color scheme. I ordered the party supply at OhHappyDay, because they just had what I was looking for, the new paper line they recently create and sell on their website, thin and delicate with a great variety of colors, the rainbow plates are soooo cute to use with it, the colors perfected matched with my party, so inspired products!
I covered the palette with wrapping white paper, simple, to put in value the most beautiful and colorful set-up. A big flower arrangement that I put together mixing different pretty flowers, it could not be otherwise, rainbow everything! Birthday girl outfit? Look how cute is this gorgeous rainbow dress all white! I found it on @Etsy @SobekidsUS





Best part of the party, this beautiful sweet table, a feast of colors and flavors...all of them home made baked with too much love for our guests. This party couldn't be a real rainbow one without a rainbow cake!!! Right? Of course I did it, of course I baked a 6 layers cake following the six colors of our rainbow! And it was amazing, crazy, lots of work but I loved it!!! I follow a recipe from a book I bought in Argentina, pretty easy, it just takes time, but the advantage is that you can prepared them couples days before your event and freeze all those layers...I just started baking 4 days before the party, and it was a good timing. I filled the cake with Nutella and Dulce de Leche, we are big fun of those sweet addictions! I covered the cake with white chocolate but because some part of the cakes where a little broken, I added some artistic touches, voila!
I also found a great recipe here  👉DIY Rainbow cookies pretty simple steps to follow, the only thing I changed was the cookie dough recipe, I found mine is delicious(great success between our frequent guests) and lighter since I used corn starch, here is the link 👉 DIY Patriotic sugar cookies. Perfect tiny rainbows cookies sweets and beautiful!
Rainbow Alfajores couldn't miss this table, not only because they are delicious, I can tell you, my guest asked me before the party: Are you cooking those delicious Argentinian macarons??!!! LOL! I don't know if this is a condition for them to came! ;-) They are a classic in my parties! In this opportunity I baked them in the 6 colors of my rainbow 💗💔💛💚💙💜
Yes, yes, I can't forgot to talk about those real French Macarons from my dear friend Sylvie Roux @frenchcookingoc, aren't they so cute with this rainbow sprinkle touch??? Yes they are, the most amazing French Macarons and delightful!!! Follow her on instagram, if you are in Orange County area, you can't miss her  French cooking class teaching at Fine Art Center Irvine CA!!!! 👌 
Because never is enough sweet I ordered my favorite Argentinian's cake "Rogel". The Argentinian Deli and Bakery here in California, Patagonia Empanadas in Orange CA, made to order and I love it, different layers of dought, filled with dulce de leche and coronated by meringue, then I added some decoration, rainbow candies and sprinkles, naturally!
To add some healthy accents at this table I designed a big rainbow fruit, I cut a white cardboard in rainbow shape, then I displayed the fruit by color, easy peasy and pretty!
















Our goodie bags birthday treats station was beautiful, I prepared signs to hang out in kid's bedroom, with a colorful rainbow and the phrase "Somewhere over the rainbow dreams come true", also I ordered this pretty clear plastic round shape boxes from @Papermart, aren't they so cute? I create this adhesive labels, then I filled the boxes with very small sprinkles and add a rainbow gummy candies from @OrientalTrading, such a tiny and lovely rainbow gift. Guests also bring home this happy rainbow cup very bright from @OrientalTrading and I attached a label created for this party with the message "Thank you for making my party so bright"! Love it!
Now you can guess that I love details, so I ordered custom made tattoos for this party, Leona is 6, at Etsy KristenMcGillivrayDesign (she did a great job!) and ordered some rainbows in all sizes from @Amazon, that was a big hit, kids and adults loved the idea, and we did a beautiful  family pic with ours hands! Guaranteed fun with all this rainbow!




Hope I could inspire you with all this ideas and help you create an amazing 
rainbow celebration soon!
I will be sharing some of the amazing DIY projects that I did for this party in short 😍

Like, Follow, Comment, Share is very welcome!
Thank you!




Comments

GOLDEY said…
Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you! Nangs Delivery
Fin said…
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Mosa cream chargers
Unknown said…
Great article. Thanks for sharing. I love your work. Will be reading your other posts. Thanks.
Cream chargers delivery Melbourne

Popular Posts