Frida Kahlo painting theme party +++ A Mexican colorful inspired birthday for artist Perla

FRIDA KAHLO THEME PARTY

So Inspired for this little girl that stole my heart 8 years ago...My sweet & artist daughter Perla! She loves to draw, to paint, to craft and any artistic discipline, so when I asked her about her birthday party theme, she was enchanted by the class art idea. We used to visit Museums and we discuss a lot about artists in general. We have a book at home for kids about Frida Kahlo's life and she always wants me to read that book. Frida Kahlo life is so interesting to me, so probably I influenced her a little bit because of my passion, but it's worth, it's art after all...
So once we decided the theme, I wanted to keep the "kids" style so I designed this "little" Frida full of colors and flowers holding a palette, all Perla's style!

And once again I felt in love with the party, those colors togethers are great.  I wanted something bright and colorful for Perla, she sparkles colors! The complete party printable kit is already available at my Etsy Shop @PartyDesignByV and also customizable. 
Please, go and check my Etsy Shop, 👆👆 A surprise is included when you order  this ready-to use-printable kit!!! Don't miss it!!!


Sweet and brave Frida in bright colors, mainly green, orange and pink! But a Frida inspired party couldn't be complete without the Mexican touch,  garlands, balloons, cactus and of course piñatas decorating!! Let's see more details about this party 👇


A wow factor balloon garland was the main decoration coronating kid's table, green, orange and  pink, the main three colors I choose in all game and shapes, love love it !!!Call me if you need balloon garland service!!! I will be enchanted to recreate something special for you!
Kid's table where 4 palettes, 2 and 2 overlapping, and lots of pillows all around in same range of colors, relaxing and cozy area to enjoy yummy food & drinks

I love fresh flowers and my Mexican spirit was completed with cactus. I grab some beautiful succulents, pink, orange & yellow cactus from OC Wholesale Flowers and put on small terra cotta pot from dollar store. I spread cactus and succulent around the house, great effect with the green & orange touch! Look how cute they are!!!
One day before the event, I picked up some fresh flowers at the same place OC Wholesale Flowers, great services and beautiful flowers at this store, highly recommended ;-). I prepared some nice arrangement and decorations, centerpiece in most of the tables

I spread Frida's most famous quote's signs in English & Spanish decorating walls, and reminding this inspired woman! My little "Frida" soooo cute right? Of course dressed with Frida's style, flower skirt and braid on top of her head, flower crown too!! We also created a headband flower station very easy and great DIY, each girl build their own Frida's Headband, no glue needed, just flowers and green duck tape! I will be sharing the step by step soon!

I set up the table with palms plates very green! Decorated in same colors,  maraca neon for each kid and a home made sugar cookie. The cactus plastic cups were so cute , great hit in all this decoration, and part of the goodie bag ;-)
I used orange wrapped paper as tablecloth, cheap and nice! Food was Mexican, of course, taquitos, guacamole, pico the gallo and churros, some home made, others ordered at the local store near home "El Toro Bravo", good food/quality/price.

Sweet table, mmm that's totally my thing. And, of course I did my home made classics... I also ordered cakes from my favorite Argentina's bakery "Patagonia Empanadas" they did a great job, just delicious cakes, I ordered two, one just all white fondant, that I decorated myself with my printable of Frida Kahlo head and fresh flowers, such a great result, totally amazing! The second cake is this layer cake below, it's an Argentinian famous dessert call "Rogel", crispy layers of pastry filled with caramelized condense milk  dulce de leche and topped with Italian meringue, so delicious, if you are a person who loves sweet, this is the paradise!
I also decorated this cake,  playing with same game of colors, pink, orange, green, edible flowers, pop corn,  candies, cookies and all kind of sweets in degraded colors. I had so much fun creating this decoration! I was really inspired for the new trend cookie cake but this is my own version!



My so classic alfajores corn starch sugar cookies, filled with dulce de leche , and just for the fun , added some Wilton edible spray so easy ! You can see my stories on Instagram, there's a video while spraying those cookies😜👇@PartyDesignByVioletta
It's the first time I try a fresh fruit plate display and I think I did a great job in there! I set up the fruit on an Ikea Skogsta Acacia Bench cover with brown paper and play with the color's party: oranges, reds, pink and green, also mix and match cookies and candies, kids where enchanted!!


"Viva la Vida" Frida's famous phrase, I stamped in some cookies...this kind of details is everything!

For the Painting class, we teamed up with my friend Sylvie Roux , she used to teach Art classes at @studioHfineArt in Irvine, she recreate my design of Frida Kahlo in a small canvas and easy steps to go along with the kids. Frida for girls and Frida's dog for boys, great idea and was a success !!
Almost 2hs class for a group of 15 kids very focused, great productions! Each child received this painting kit box, personalized with their name, label and placemat, everything was nicely packed...
They had to open the box to find their materials, canvas, apron, brushes, pallet and colors! Surprise! 







Voila! Work well done! Amazing paints of 8 years old kids, Sylvie and myself,  teamed up for this amazing Art Class inspired in Frida Kahlo, if you are planning an Art Class at home nicely decorated and activity coordinators just let us know! We can definitely help you!! 
We decorated the house with Piñatas, look how cute are those Frida Kahlo's head piñata, from my design!  I had a blast creating them , in love...Some credit to my helper, my niece Agustina from Argentina, who was here and helped me with the paper flowers, she did a great job! Aren't they cute??? If you are looking for a Piñata Frida Kahlo, here it is!!!! Available in two sizes at my Etsy Shop!!! Hurry up! Go and order your custom made and we can also arrange colors with your party!
👇👇




Hello All!!!! And thanks for reading my post!!! This is me, the Party Designer and creator of Party Design By Violetta, happy on my Frida's flower headband and cutting the cake, best part everrrrr!!
Hope you liked it! Pick my ideas, and If you are planning a Frida Kahlo inspired party or Mexican theme go and check our Etsy Shop!!! If your are in the Orange County area, and need help, just shot me a message and I will be glad to help you with your next Event!











Comments

Popular Posts